PDA

View Full Version : top off supply

dfreeman
07/03/2008, 08:35 PM
looking for a way to do a double float switch. Have a float in my sump and the ATO works fine. I want to be able to refill my 30 gal. make up tank. Using a single switch, only marginal amout of water is use. Want the level to drop to the bottom of the tank,switch a soleniod valve open and when level hits the high float, close the soleniod valve. I have a transducer and soleniod valve, two float swithches and need to know how to wire it all.
Suggestions or ideas
Dewayne

dfreeman
07/04/2008, 04:24 PM
no one does this with these parts? ATO has a system that runs 85 bucks but I would like to use what I have

jmccomb420
07/04/2008, 05:34 PM
don't trust any ato. Get a reserve that holds no more than what your system can take and fill it up by hand. Don't risk your livestock. You can never no what is coming out of your inlet. The local water department decides to flush the system and your on vacation, next thing you know your tanks full of copper. Just my opinion, but think about it. You could run a reserve of ro water but you need to make sure you can keep up with demand.

areze
07/04/2008, 08:51 PM
I think most all top offs would come from some sort of filtered resevior.

I have a large tank of fresh water operating on a float valve, I keep it off till its low; then turn it on, float valve shuts it off when its full so I dont have to keep an eye on it. the float valve doesnt have enough of a range on it to let it do it by itself unfortunatly.

then an electronic ATO unit is setup on the sump to pump water to the tank to keep it full. if it fails... well I have a 50gallon mess unfortunatly. heres to hoping!