PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning RODI membrane

Reefflections
07/05/2008, 10:32 PM
For all of those that are on well water?
I'm have a hard time dealing with PURE RODI water.Worst case is well water,that pumps the red clay into my 2 sediment filters.And seems to foul up my membrane.We are sopposed to get 1 or 2 years out of the membrane.With me that's impossible.What I would like to know.Is there any type over the counter that I could use on the membrane.As a cleaning chemical?To open the pores on the membrane and giving it a good cleaning.Just because I can't get close to the normal life out of these membranes.I thought there was something that someone did about cleaning them.But not sure on RC forums where that was posted.I wanted to post it here, as for chemical cleaning agent.Or is it worth your time as for the cost factor vs replacement,which aren't cheap.:(

Billybeau1
07/05/2008, 11:57 PM
If your membrane is getting clogged prematurely, your sediment and carbon filters are not doing their job. Regardless of what kind of water you have.

Post your question at one of the many filter sponsors we have here at RC. They will get you an intelligent answer. :)