PDA

View Full Version : Reef Keeper 2 Controller - ?'s

FranktheTankTx
07/05/2008, 10:58 PM
What's Up Guys!?!?!

For the my birthday, the 4th of July, I scored some $$$.
On my list was a RK2 controller for my 36g Corner build.

So, to my understanding... the AC controllers are a little difficult to program by a newbie. I heard the RK2 is a little more newbie friendly. I have never owend a controller in my life.

This led me to believe the RK2 was perhaps the best fit for me. Perhaps some of you who might be familiar with my set up might could help me with any thing I need to know before purchase.

Basically here's what I want to do...

(1) Control MH light, Refugium light, & PFO LED moonlight
(2) Control 2x75w Jager heaters
(3) Monitor Temp & PH

I planned to purchase the RK2 from Marine Depot... does it come with everything I need? Or do I need to purchase add ons?

What else can you do with these things? I figure control a fan to come on when temp gets a certain degree. Or for that matter, turn the lights off.

I might could operate my koralias with it... mainly for a feeding mode. Is that what some of you do? Turn your powerheads off when it's feeding time? Or I could simple put them on a power strip and turn them off manually.

Any advice &/or information you can give me about the RK2 would be quite helpful in making my purchase and getting everything I need the first time around.

cham
07/06/2008, 04:34 AM
It will do everything you've listed and much much more.

Absolutely plug a fan into. Once tank temps reach a certain level that you program it will turn on.

It also shuts the lights off if the tank gets too hot. Its really easy to set and you tell it what temp to shut the lights off.

An excellent controller and I've had a number of different ones. The RK II is what I just put on my new tank.

BTW, buy it from bulk reef supply.com. They are cheaper there