PDA

View Full Version : Probably a dumb question, but can i do this?

Clownfish29
07/06/2008, 06:44 PM
So, as i said this is probably a dumb question. But i'll ask it. About 7 months ago, i setup a 6 gallon tank just for dwarf seahorses. After the tank cycled and i had live rock and my cleaner crew, i decided i just couldn't supply them with baby brine shrimp twice a day. I had school and the mornings would be too hard. So, i just put in some zoo's and said i'll just go that direction. Well, needless to say i wanted fish, and theres not much to put in that tank. So after 7 months, i want Dwarfs again. My question is, i have a 6 month copepod population. I literally see them everywhere i look. So, would i need to feed as heavily, or only once a day because there is such a population of pods? I know, they'll probably just decimate the population. but its just a question

pledosophy
07/06/2008, 07:04 PM
They can finish off the entire pod population of a 6g tank in under a day.

HTH

TamiW
07/07/2008, 06:38 AM
Can you spend the time to hatch once a day? I hatch bbs in the morning, and refrigerate some in a shot glass in clean saltwater I have premixed for feeding later. This also works if a batch goes bad, I usually have some in the fridge.

I don't know how long they keep their nutritional value, but it does slow down their development. I have seen eggs in the hatching stage that have been in the fridge for a day or two.

If not, then it sounds like they wouldn't be the fish for you. In that case, you might want to try small gobies which could be fed a prepared food.