PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Skimmers/Calcium Reactors for a 75g Aquarium

Macocoffee
07/07/2008, 03:08 AM
Well after trolling around RC for years i have finally joined :) .

:confused: I need you to help me decide on a Skimmer and a Calcium Reactor for my 75 with 40g breeder slump/fuge (36"x18"x16")

Skimmers i probably willing to spend $1,000-$1300 at Max and probaly internal (been looking at the Mini Bubble King Jr., extreme MSX skimmers, Octo pro skimmers.)

Calcium Reactors about $1,000 Max external systems

75 gallon inhabitants plans

Fish
-1 yellow tang
-1 banana wrasse
-3 Blue/Green Chromis

Coral
-Largely SPS
-Giant Clams

Side notes-
The tank will have a sand bottom
Lights and water flow have all ready been decided

Thanks for the help every one! :)

JRaquatics
07/07/2008, 07:35 AM
For a CR I would look at GEO and AquaC. GEO is a well made unit and works well. AquaC is also a well made unit and I really like its design but havent used one personally yet. All three skimmer you chose are great performers. I would also throw ATB in the mix. It really all depends on how much you want to really spend. Each skimmer will offer a little something different but will also have a different price tag.

Macocoffee
07/07/2008, 02:58 PM
I have been looking at the Geo CR for a while. Which ATB product are you mentioning? the skimmer or the CR they are selling...BTW what kind of skimmers do you sell? (gathering this all from your Occupation answer) Thanks for your help :)

-Mac

JRaquatics
07/07/2008, 03:07 PM
I was talking about the ATB skimmer but their CR looks pretty good too. I don't sell skimmers, It is just an inside joke here on the equipment forum since everyone always seem to recommend their skimmer since they think it is best.

Macocoffee
07/07/2008, 05:53 PM
lol

BonesCJ
07/07/2008, 06:32 PM
I love my Octo NW-150 on my 72 with 20 sump, pulls amazing gunk out

Shawn D
07/07/2008, 06:44 PM
ATB small is what I would do for skimmer, dont know about CA-Rx though

Macocoffee
07/08/2008, 12:12 AM
Wow thanks for all the impute everyone! :) i thinks I'm going to narrow the skimmers down to the Mini Bubble ing j. vs. the MSX skimmer but if any one has any other recommendations please tell me.

-Mac

rhoptowit
07/08/2008, 05:01 AM
go with the ATB small for protein skimmer.

calc-reactor can be a fun DIY, if ur not that kinda person then i'd go with a geo reactor.