PDA

View Full Version : GHA + Salfert Test Questions.

matthewscars
07/08/2008, 12:54 PM
My tank has been up for 1.75 months. 55gal, 30gal sump, NW150, Carbon AND phosban reactor, NEP 48", golf ball of cheato, etc

I have some Zoas, LPS Hammer, Xenia, Colt. They are all doing perfect. No Fish yet.

I have GHA like no other. I spent 2 hours pulling it off rocks only for it to come back 2 days later.

Temp 82
phos 0 (algae? or phosban? is keeping it down)
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
amm 0
ph 8.15 - 8.63 (Normal?)
Cal 500
Mag 1500
alk 3.66
kh 10.2(forgot if i needed to multiply this by something)

Some of the deader LR are looking like they are bleaching neon greenish. Is is just my tank being new, or can I add something? My 5 1"Turbos keep it off the glass pretty well, but not rocks.

suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Issue 2, then you use a sulfert kit, say calcium. I put the syringe in the bottle without the tip and pull all the way past 10 then put the needle tip on and measure like that. Is that the right way? I wasnt exactly sure from the directions.

otrlynn
07/08/2008, 01:25 PM
Re Salifert test kit: From the directions I have, it pretty clearly says to put the plastic tip on the syringe, then draw up the solution until lower end of the black part of the piston hits 1.0. If you draw up to much, shoot a little back into the bottle until the black part is back at 1.0. There will be some air between the black piston and the solution in the syringe and the directions say that is normal.