PDA

View Full Version : Is something eating this?

Semper Fi 1959
07/08/2008, 08:03 PM
I have been posting about my flatworms and stuff, but folks think I have regular old flatorms and not AEFW. I agree...

Now pictured below is a coral in question: What is going on with this guy? It started off as a little bit of tissue loss and has gotten worse. I have dipped it in Tech D about 3 or 4 times. I think it is still 'migrating north'.

Should I frag this guy up? And if so, how do you all do it? I don't have any handy dandy coral cutters... =(

P.S. It's out of the rock work just to take the pic of the underside. I NEVER see anything 'on it' or 'eating it'. Wouldn't the Tech D stop the receeding? I'm about to do a 50 gallon water change on a 180, will this help as well?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/joker3090/recession.jpg

johny
07/08/2008, 09:34 PM
I can't tell you what's going on with your friend but I would beat it to the north pole and start fraging a piece of it before you lose all of it. Any clean sharp cutting tools will work....a utility knife on a cutting board if you have nothing else.

tgcreef
07/08/2008, 10:15 PM
bust off the bottom part that is dead and then superglue the open wound after fragging.