PDA

View Full Version : Clown looks like it might not make it...

SteveJakubiec
07/09/2008, 01:21 PM
Seems to be swimming lethargically and recently in my tank (overnight) 3 of my fish died, and he looks like he might be the 4th. If indeed he does die, how would I go about finding a female for my now widowed male? Tank has been running for 6 1/2 months. Would it be possible to add a Black and white ocellaris to him (He is a regular ocellaris)? Had the two clowns since I started my tank six months ago, and loved them so much.

slipondajimmy
07/09/2008, 01:40 PM
I would try to figure out whats killing your other fish before you start adding anything.

myreefcentral
07/09/2008, 02:30 PM
figure out what's wrong with your tank first before you add anything else...the new fish will die just like the rest...and your remaining male might be next to go too if you don't find out what killed your other fishes.

SteveJakubiec
07/09/2008, 03:39 PM
1. Good news, female clown seems to be coming back, and is eating, isn't sluggish anymore, and is breathing normally.
2. I am still looking into to see if perhaps my mother cleaned the closet door next to the tank w/Lysol recently, it had streaks on it before, now they are gone...
3. Thanks for your concerns.

g0rFz
07/09/2008, 11:23 PM
something like that happened to me in FW tank due to an algae killing chemical which wiped out their oxygen source. i saw about 20 fish gasping at the surface so i ran to LFS and got raped a powerhead. good luck