PDA

View Full Version : MOST STUPID OCTO OWNER and the MOST SAD EVENT HAPPEN TO AN OCTOPUS!!!

chevster
07/10/2008, 01:11 PM
this is the most saddest thing done to an octopus...

ok... so... nvrmind.. jsut watch the vid!! stupid owners didn't do their research... why not just put an eel and an octopus together!! very smart guys!

watch the vid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5naQT0xJq0

even, i know betr! hek i feed my snowflake octopus! lol!

chevster
07/10/2008, 01:13 PM
REPLY BACK... i wana hear what you think of these foolZ!!!

Animal Mother
07/10/2008, 02:31 PM
Pathetic.

slipondajimmy
07/10/2008, 07:25 PM
Thats just sad. Someone needs to put the guy in a tank with a big eel

Animal Mother
07/10/2008, 08:15 PM
More like throw him in a pit with a hungry bear.

"It'll be okay mom."

imBastos
07/11/2008, 03:50 AM
pretty sad. that sux. :thumbdown

Thales
07/12/2008, 09:49 AM
Sadly, the bulk of tank owners don't do their research, not just about cephs, but coral and fish as well. Or even worse, they get what they think is good info from LFS, but the info is very wrong.

RONALD123
07/13/2008, 04:59 PM
that sucks..

i bet the octo didnt last the night

Tu Ku
07/14/2008, 02:54 PM
I don't see what you're all crying about. It's not like we saw either of them die. Assumptions are the mother of all f-ups. Obviously they're idiots for not knowing these two creatures don't get along, but the video showed nothing other than an octopus losing the tip of it's tentacle. Those grow back, so that's not a big deal at all. Maybe they took it back, maybe they got rid of the eel, maybe the two ended up living harmoniously. Maybe some of you should quit being so judgemental.
And just FYI, I am in no way related to that video. Just a spectator stating the obvious.

Animal Mother
07/14/2008, 04:45 PM
There is no excuse when endangering a creatures life out of stupidity. Obviously research was minimal at best for their entire saltwater endeavor based on their setup, and obviously they have the internet so there is no excuse for remaining ignorant.

Google's neat. Takes a whole 10 seconds to find "Octopus care" results from accurate sources. In the time it took him to figure out how to upload videos to YouTube he could have read just about everything he needed to know about keeping an octopus. At least the basics.

jefathome
07/14/2008, 04:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12947157#post12947157 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Animal Mother
There is no excuse when endangering a creatures life out of stupidity. Obviously research was minimal at best for their entire saltwater endeavor based on their setup, and obviously they have the internet so there is no excuse for remaining ignorant.

Google's neat. Takes a whole 10 seconds to find "Octopus care" results from accurate sources.

Ok, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but...

Why do we impart more moral value to certain creatures than others? Would an Eel naturally eat an Octo in the wild? If so, then why is it a tragedy here? Do you not feed the eel silversides, clam, squid anyway? How is this morally worse?
Is the squid that was killed to make that food any less valueable (for its life, not for $$) than an octo?

I agree it is stupid to waste money like that, but otherwise what is the big deal?

Granted I didn't watch this vid, but unless he was saying "Watch this eel torment and torture this octo", it is all Hakuma Matada/circle of life.

Animal Mother
07/14/2008, 05:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12947223#post12947223 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jefathome
Ok, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but...

Why do we impart more moral value to certain creatures than others? Would an Eel naturally eat an Octo in the wild? If so, then why is it a tragedy here? Do you not feed the eel silversides, clam, squid anyway? How is this morally worse?
Is the squid that was killed to make that food any less valueable (for its life, not for $$) than an octo?

I agree it is stupid to waste money like that, but otherwise what is the big deal?

Granted I didn't watch this vid, but unless he was saying "Watch this eel torment and torture this octo", it is all Hakuma Matada/circle of life.

Then I guess pit fighting two dogs is okay? Cuz ya know, pitbull breeds are terriers, and terriers are naturally prone to hunting down and killing other small animals. So basically throwing them in together is just instigating their natural behavior right?

And it's okay to put seahorses in with groupers and anglers too.

jefathome
07/15/2008, 06:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12947572#post12947572 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Animal Mother
Then I guess pit fighting two dogs is okay? Cuz ya know, pitbull breeds are terriers, and terriers are naturally prone to hunting down and killing other small animals. So basically throwing them in together is just instigating their natural behavior right?

And it's okay to put seahorses in with groupers and anglers too.

Fair questions...

Two Pitbulls examle:
As I specificly stated in my original post, if he threw them in together with the express intent to "see them fight", then this is NOT acceptable. Heck, I wouldn't even condone putting two male Beta's in the same bowl just to see them fight.

If the octopus was an endangered species, then this also would NOT be acceptable.

I'm only trying to provoke thought.
Such as... Is it acceptable to give a lion-fish some live feeders? If so, how is this different?

I answered your question. Please answer mine. Hey, maybe you have a valid point that I overlooked. In which case you will have changed my mind. Fair enough?

Animal Mother
07/15/2008, 09:03 PM
"Pets" depend on us to provide them with a safe home. I don't feel there is anything ethical about purchasing an animal if you have no idea how to provide it the proper home. Nature didn't create these things for us to play with and discard carelessly. I eat beef and sushi so I don't see it any different than feeding silversides to my sea creatures. Nothing wrong with the eel attempting to eat the octopus, it's what's expected. It's just unfortunate that the octopus was put in the hands of an unfit owner.

I understand your point too though.

KhawMengLee
07/16/2008, 09:28 AM
worried at the stupidity of placing a octopus with an eel. Disturbed that a marine tank has a skull, bell diving helmet and plastic weeds as decorations....you know how kids have clueless parents that dress them like losers...yeah. Poor eel and occy

jefathome
07/17/2008, 05:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12956159#post12956159 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Animal Mother
"Pets" depend on us to provide them with a safe home. I don't feel there is anything ethical about purchasing an animal if you have no idea how to provide it the proper home. Nature didn't create these things for us to play with and discard carelessly. I eat beef and sushi so I don't see it any different than feeding silversides to my sea creatures. Nothing wrong with the eel attempting to eat the octopus, it's what's expected. It's just unfortunate that the octopus was put in the hands of an unfit owner.

I understand your point too though.

Thanks...
If you knew me, I am one of the most animal friendly people around. We currently have two rescue cats, one rescue dog, and a lot of fish.

In fact, besides fish, I don't think I have ever purchased an animal from a pet store.

Michael Vick? Throw away the key.
Is this guy stupid? YES

I just don't like it when people anthropomorphize animals.
From what I understand, people in asia don't have **** (edit... Chicken) fights, or dog fights, they have "bug" fights, and it is perfectly acceptable.
Preying Mantis I believe...

Haha, they don't like the word _____ for a male chicken.

Animal Mother
07/17/2008, 09:28 PM
I have 6 shelter dogs myself. Got my nickname raising orphaned wildlife. I'm a bit compulsive. I'll go out of my way not to step on bugs.

DaleFish
07/21/2008, 12:37 AM
what a shame.
always makes me sad to see people that haven't done their homework before buying new animals for their tanks

baitshopboy
07/29/2008, 01:35 AM
In the comments the owner says it died 6 weeks later cause it wouldnt eat and that he gave the eel to a friend once he figured out it wasnt going to work. Dont know how long that took him. What a shame....

Animal Mother
07/29/2008, 08:34 AM
Octopuses tend to stop eating when they're old and on the verge of death. A lot of them are already old when they're collected and shipped and bought.

Then again, considering the lack of thought and research this owner put into getting an octopus, he might not have even been offering it the right foods.

Jojoyojimbi
07/30/2008, 11:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13044508#post13044508 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Animal Mother
Octopuses tend to stop eating when they're old and on the verge of death. A lot of them are already old when they're collected and shipped and bought.

Then again, considering the lack of thought and research this owner put into getting an octopus, he might not have even been offering it the right foods.

you mean octopus don't like baked potatos and pot roast? :eek1:

SWaquariast
08/01/2008, 04:55 PM
Meybe he needs to clean his aquarium and his eel do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7byq7R5A4Y0

chevster
08/01/2008, 06:33 PM
LOL GR8 debate here.... W00t!!!!

thnx for the comments....

yes i agree, that an eel would eat octopus in the wild, but this is an aquarium we are keeping...

you dont just put a hungry lion with a zebra together in a... whats the word.... closed environment...

so.. thats my point of view... ^.^ ....

Tu Ku
08/05/2008, 02:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12947157#post12947157 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Animal Mother

Google's neat. Takes a whole 10 seconds to find "Octopus care" results from accurate sources. In the time it took him to figure out how to upload videos to YouTube he could have read just about everything he needed to know about keeping an octopus. At least the basics.

Right. And I suppose you've never endangered an animal's life due to a lack of knowledge. Get over yourself.