PDA

View Full Version : Filterguys RO/DI water

lastduke
07/10/2008, 09:33 PM
I bought the Filterguys system (ocean reef) about 8-9month ago. and make 10G water every week for my 30G, the dual TDS meter was installed before and after the DI filter. But it always gives me reading 0, is that right? I am starting to question this reading, because I have different algae issues.

I have setup the microalgae sump and phosphate reator to fix the algae. I don't ahve the po4 test kit, but the no3 is absolute 0. only two clown fish and a shrimp goby this the tank. Now, I need to make sure the system is right at the beginning point - Water!!!

unbreakable
07/10/2008, 09:38 PM
i only get 0ppm reading from the DI, but when the DI is starting to go bad i see it jump to 1ppm

y not contact them by email? they have great customer support

what type of algae do you have?

lastduke
07/10/2008, 09:42 PM
I have the red film on the glass and some rocks, and brown algae at slow flow sand bed and hair algae at fast flow area, not too bad but make the tank looks bad.

unbreakable
07/10/2008, 10:05 PM
ive dealt with that too, its not really an issue with the unit at all. for my 28g i ended up getting an oversized skimmer and it took care of the job. but before that i had tried adding more flow as well

im sure a skimmer will really help you out

AZDesertRat
07/10/2008, 10:05 PM
If you are reading 0 TDS before the DI then you may have a bad meter. If its after the DI that could be normal given you have pretty low TDS coming from the RO only. Try switching the two probes and see if the readings change. Also make sure the probe is rotated in the correct orientation in the tee fittings, there is a mark on the probe to indicate correct position.

lastduke
07/10/2008, 11:51 PM
Nietzsche, I have a turboflotor T1000 skimmer, which is overkilled 30G tank with 20G sump, I think..... I am going to add more flow, the flow pattern seems not correct.

AZ, thank for technical instruction, I need find my flashlight and take a look.