PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions...

Maxi
07/11/2008, 10:28 AM
I have a couple of questions regarding eggcrate, and what to feed your fish.

I was wondering, I have an AGA 26g bowfront, and the stand is like a big hole in the top. So, I don't want the tank to crack in the middle. Is eggcrate necessary to prevent this?

Also, is it ok to feed new life spectrum, cichlid formula to marine fish? (some people are probably saying..."um, no.. common sense"

Just wondering if it has the same ingridients?

-Max

svynx
07/11/2008, 11:40 AM
I don't think it will be a problem. Some people use it, Some don't. I do. I put that in first, then my rock, then the sand. As for the food, I'd say no to the cichlid formula. The nutitional contents of fresh water vs. salt water are, of course, different. Therefore the food ingredients will be different. (I'm no expert, but that is my train of thought)
cheers

Jowsepi
07/11/2008, 11:58 AM
I have never used eggcrate when setting up my tanks. Just make sure you buy a good quality tank and be gentle when you place your rock

ryancaudill
07/11/2008, 01:15 PM
I had some chiclid pellets. Threw some in the tank and my tangs seem to like. I feed many different things and will throw this in occasionally. I think no big deal but this would be totally different if this was the only diet of your fish.

cloak
07/11/2008, 01:35 PM
It's no problem feeding freshwater fish food to marine fish & viceversa. Alot of the brands on the market have both a freshwater & saltwater fish on their product label.