PDA

View Full Version : ok starting over 55g aquarium

TANK0789
07/12/2008, 08:55 PM
i have 2 other threads but this is my last. i want a snowflake eel. and i want a reef tank. if you guys could just give me a list of possible fish that would go well in this tank that would be great. you guys know more then me im just starting out so i just want to know which ones do good on reefs. i like nemos in there anemenie i think thats awesome. so if you guys have any ideas please leave them!

plecosword
07/12/2008, 09:02 PM
I think you should do a bit of reasearch. eels will eat any fish and invertebrates that fit into their mouth, you have to chose crafully. they also nock everything down e.i rockwork. They grow pretty fast too.

StayPuft
07/12/2008, 09:03 PM
Just a suggestion, but if you decided to go with a reef tank, you might want to post this question in the Reef Fishes forum.

As for reef fish, there are so many that you can get, it all depends on which ones you like. Clown fish, blennies, gobies, tangs, fuzzy dwarf lion, too, too many fishes to name. Best thing to do is go over to liveaquaria.com and look over all their fish and read the descriptions. Then you will know which fish are reef safe and how big a tank you need for them.

TANK0789
07/12/2008, 09:07 PM
ok i know eels will do that but i will make the live rock very stable and sturdy and i will get fish that will be big enough so he doesnt harm them. thank you for the list staypuft i am going to look over them and then will put a few together. umm how many is too many?

plecosword
07/12/2008, 09:22 PM
I agree with staypuff. I learned almost everything form Liveaquaria.
Tank0789, is your tank cycled and ready to go? you will need a good skimmer. in a 55g with an eel, I would keep up to 5 fish? assuming they are large