07/13/2008, 08:44 PM
please delete

shuguley
07/13/2008, 08:59 PM
nevermind, then

bigmeats75
07/13/2008, 09:01 PM
thanks shuguley,

Sound like a good plan! I did find some answers to my ow question after more searching too!!!!

otrlynn
07/13/2008, 09:05 PM
Welcome to Reef Central if you haven't already been welcomed. I don't know how to do that neat fish welcome thing...

There really aren't any stupid questions here, so ask away!
I would guess that most people try to mix their saltwater and let it circulate for 24 hours, some will say 12. Personally I have used saltwater mixed for a couple of hours with a powerhead, but only in a pinch. If you have 35 gallons mixing right now, it is going to take an awful lot of table spoons to raise the s.g. to 1.025 or 1.025. This is just a guess, but I'd try putting a half cup of salt in there and mix it for a couple of hours and measure again. Depending upon how far it goes up, add some more based on how much it went up with that half cup. As long as you have filtered water made up, it is always easier to go a little too high, then just add more water to dilute it down to what you need. No waiting time needed after you dilute it.

reefnetworth
you should allow it to circulate at least 24 hrs. to allow ammonia to escape. all salt mixes have traces of ammonia plus it will give you a stable SG reading.
in a 35G mix i would add 1/8 of a cup, wait at least 2 -3 hrs. depending on your amount of circulation/GPH and check your SG again and adjust if needed.

Flipper62
Hhhhmmmmmm. Not sure what happend.

But sounds like a date I had once.....Hehehehehehe...:dance:

bigmeats75
07/13/2008, 09:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12941734#post12941734 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Flipper62

That was a good one.

I am a bone head some times......I asked a simple question that i could not find the answer to and as soon as i post a question I find the answer i was looking for.......But as always the responses here are pretty quick!!! Thanks to all for the input.......maybe I should have not edited my post so quick, I like opinions!

bigmeats75
07/13/2008, 09:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12941732#post12941732 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by otrlynn
Welcome to Reef Central if you haven't already been welcomed. I don't know how to do that neat fish welcome thing...

There really aren't any stupid questions here, so ask away!
I would guess that most people try to mix their saltwater and let it circulate for 24 hours, some will say 12. Personally I have used saltwater mixed for a couple of hours with a powerhead, but only in a pinch. If you have 35 gallons mixing right now, it is going to take an awful lot of table spoons to raise the s.g. to 1.025 or 1.025. This is just a guess, but I'd try putting a half cup of salt in there and mix it for a couple of hours and measure again. Depending upon how far it goes up, add some more based on how much it went up with that half cup. As long as you have filtered water made up, it is always easier to go a little too high, then just add more water to dilute it down to what you need. No waiting time needed after you dilute it.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Tswifty
07/13/2008, 10:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12941734#post12941734 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Flipper62

:lol: