PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Calibrating TDS Meter

scbauer
07/14/2008, 06:22 PM
Hi, I have the following TDS meter and I accidentally changed the calibration after I got it. I read in the manual that there were a few ways to calibrate it using different fluids, but couldn't find anywhere to buy the fluids that the manual talked about.

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/HMCOM100/COM100__WATERPROOF_EC__TDS__TEMP_COMBO_METER.html

I did, however, notice that there is an EC mode (electrical conductivity???) and I happen to have a solution that is used to calibrate my PinPoint salinity monitor (53 mU, I think) and was wondering if there was a way I could use that solution to calibrate my TDS meter? Thanks in advance for the help.

-Scott

scbauer
07/19/2008, 11:01 AM
Anybody???

ccorpse27
10/20/2008, 07:27 PM
You can get TDS calibration solution if you haven't found that out by now. Kind of an old post I guess... maybe it'll help someone else. :D

ybenormal
10/28/2008, 10:32 PM
Interesting. I don't know why but I never thought to look for TDS solution fluid before. I still don't feel the need to run out and buy it, but at least I know that it's available if I ever need to verify my TDS readings.