PDA

View Full Version : Filter and membrane max psi rating + discount

NotSure
07/14/2008, 10:10 PM
I also posted this msg in another sponsor forum. These 2 are on my list and I'm trying to decide which to get.

I'm thinking about getting this system:

TYPHOON 5 Stage RODI Reefkeeper 75 GPD

Would like to know what the max psi is for the prefilters and membrane. I have a 100psi booster pump and want to make sure the filters/membrane can handle at least this much pressure. According to your site, it says something about being pressure tested with 60psi. If thats the max this unit can handle then its not going to work for me.

Secondly, I would be a first time customer and wondering if you can offer any type of discount to help me out with my purchase.

I'll be getting the above system along with a dual inline tds meter. Unless of course the psi would create an issue.

Thanks in advance!!!!

jeffbrig
07/16/2008, 12:49 AM
I have this unit, and the plastic filter housings are only rated to 75psi. My household pressure has been as high as 80psi without issue. I spoke with Walter (former owner of AWI) about it once, and he said the solid white housings can handle more pressure than the clear plastic ones. You may want to call and see if they can assemble you one with housings that can handle the higher pressure.

(btw, you'll be very happy with the output of the "75gpd" membrane at higher pressures. I know mine was producing nearly 110gpd at 80psi.)

NotSure
07/16/2008, 04:54 PM
Well a couple days ago I left them a voice mail and posted this thread. Both have been ignored. Thats not a way to get my business. Despite people recommending them, I just can't justify spending money at a place that has this level of customer service.

NotSure
07/17/2008, 07:15 PM
Never mind. I've tried repeated times to get a hold of you guys and never got a phone call returned nor have any attempts been made to post a response back here. So I have decided to look elsewhere for a system.

A.T.T.R
07/17/2008, 08:32 PM
most are 80 psi if i rember correctly...
(pretty much all thesame parts till you get to the asian ro units that feel like ..well .. touch one)

but you should be able to adjust hte booster pump down to 80 psi

NotSure
07/18/2008, 12:45 AM
Looked all over the pump, doesn't seem to be adjustable. No dial, no set screw, nothing.

I'll have to figure out how to dial it down. It's a 115 psi pump. Wonder if putting a manual shut-off valve on the water line after the pump would work to dial down the psi?