PDA

View Full Version : What is GBTA doing??

smalls383
07/15/2008, 03:05 PM
Bought a GBTA about 2 weeks ago, has been eating raw shrimp every two days... It attached itself to a great lighting spot on my LR near the top and perfect viewing angle....Opens every day and closes up at nightime

Now just two days ago it has moved to the bottom of the tank near a cave.....It is fully open and looks good just a bad spot for lighting, viewing, and target feeding....

will it move soon or should I try to force it to move (powerhead).....because I know it will not get the lighting it needs

drparker
07/15/2008, 11:20 PM
I'd leave it be unless it's in danger of being sucked into a powerhead.

It will move to a spot that gives it the proper light and waterflow. Mine would move about pick a spot stay for a few days and then move again. He finally found the right spot and has not moved in 4 months.

prison police
07/17/2008, 08:51 PM
apparently when it moved to the top the light was to much. A nem will move where its happy. It moved to a spot that is just right for it. My GBTA did the same. Hopefully will move when it gets use to the light. Just let it go and keep feeding him.Good luck PP

saltymight
07/18/2008, 11:23 AM
oh crap ok so i left for two days left my mom in charge and now i did a retest of my chem and there is a .50 ammonia spike i already checked yesterday for dead stuff i found two sails for chopped up right now im thinking either get the anenome out in another that thats set up for 8 months now but 30 gallon. it has two clowns in it. Then do i have to destroy everything to find anything esle dead becasue i know there is a choco star fish someplace i have not seen. last do another big water change any suggestions.

saltymight
07/18/2008, 11:28 AM
nvm that wrong post