PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Corals to Canada

reeffer1
07/17/2008, 08:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone has shipped live corals from the U.S. to Canada? Trying to figure out what I need to do to get some Corals to a Buddy living Toronto.

SALT WATER CRAZ
07/17/2008, 08:26 PM
Good luck its supper hard to do. I now a lot of web sights that use to do it, and dont do it any more sence its such a pain in the blank.

jarrett
07/18/2008, 11:16 AM
if customes holds the order for anyreason you screwed. also make sure you dont ship with pieces of lr for frag plugs cause then you need a cites permit you could be looking at jail time if caught with live rock and no permit or illeagle corals.

aastretch64
07/18/2008, 11:20 AM
But your Honor it was dead "base" rock when I shipped it...LOL

nikon187
07/18/2008, 12:25 PM
good luck. CITIES is in place so that you can't ship corals across unless all permits are there

jarrett
07/22/2008, 06:42 PM
you actually dont need a cities permit on the coral just the rock the coral is on because techinally your importing a piece of another country. with the coral is an animal so i guess its cool or something as long as its not super rare that you need a permit for it. the biggest problem is going to be customs holding it for whatever reason and all your coral dieing