PDA

View Full Version : Can I put Melafix straight into the aquarium?

ODReef
07/19/2008, 06:21 PM
Anybody know? ^^^

BadRoma1
07/20/2008, 02:20 AM
yes, you can but you can stress fish and corals with it. why do you want to use it though?

kevin2000
07/23/2008, 01:39 PM
Melafix great claim to fame is that it is "reef safe" .. that being said its also doubtful that this herbal remedy provides any benefit. If you fish has a minor bacterial problem odds are good that the fish's immune system will fix the problem .. if the problem is severe then you should QT the fish and treat with a bonafide antibiotic.

southernstyle
07/23/2008, 06:22 PM
Just to let you know I used it once because my yellow tang had a bad spot on his fin. I cant really say it did somthing astonishing but it did not hurt anything in my 180 gal reef tank.

WARNING!!!!!! turn your skimmer off if you do use it, i didnt and I bubbles everywhere.....

jnc914
07/23/2008, 09:08 PM
I agree with Kevin on this one. Melafix and Pimafix are so call herbal remedies that basically do nothing IME. In fact there are posts on RC that basically designate it as a "snake oil". Don't waste the $$ or your time, or risk the health of your livestock using this stuff. Get a cheap QT and treat with real medications. Good luck. Oh, BTW what are you trying to treat anyway?

ODReef
07/24/2008, 07:41 AM
thanks everybody

its for one of my clowns