PDA

View Full Version : Large sure-grip Tunze magnet mounts wont work anymore

flyyyguy
07/20/2008, 01:08 AM
Well...they still work, they just dont work on my new 1" tank.

Has anyone simply purchased a single larger magnet of some kind for the outside and used the existing pump mounts and sure-grip 100's on the inside??

Im hoping so. I have 3 sets of them and need all of th em to work. Very much hoping I dont have to drop a couple hundred bucks or so to do this.

neelix
07/20/2008, 05:47 AM
I am sure a couple high powered magnets would solve your problem. Used a small magnet to hang a probe holder inside the sump and a large on the outside.

mfinn
07/20/2008, 08:42 AM
You could make your own outside pieces with neodymium magnets and acrylic or casting resein.
I made a bunch of magnet mounts for seios and one for a friends tunze.
I found the magnets at www.magnet4less.com and www.magnet4sale.com

flyyyguy
07/20/2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Neelix- Im hoping I can solve this with just one magnet and keep the existing in tank ones as is as they are kind of modded to be adjustable for me. Then just get one much bigger magnet that will keep it in place. The current mag mounts as they are can almost hold it

mfinn or anyone with experience using magnets through 1" material: Any idea which or hoe big of a magnet I will need to do what I am talking about?? Im not sure it really even needs coated. its going to be on the outside of the tank

mfinn
07/20/2008, 01:07 PM
It wouldn't have to be coated to be on the outside of your tank, I just thought for appearance sake.
I saw a magnet on one of the sires that was 2"x2"x1" that had 250lbs. of pulling power, for about $24.
Seems like that would do.
You might email them and ask about pulling power through 1" material