PDA

View Full Version : Drilling 180 questions

jherrin215
07/20/2008, 07:41 AM
I am getting my 180 drilled soon as I have decided to go with it instead of my drilled 125. I need to know how big and what spacing I need to get it drilled. I am going to be using a 1 inch sea swirl for the return, and the holes will just be for the overflow. The holes are going to be on the back towards the top. Can someone give me some advice on where to put them and how to plumb them?? I like the way TSwifty has his done but don't really understand the whole setup. I'm new at this so I will take any advice and give it a good once over!! Thanks in Advance!!

jherrin215
07/22/2008, 08:23 AM
Bump for help!!

jh2pizza
07/22/2008, 08:35 AM
the main thing is to maintain distance from the edges of the tank the same as the diameter of the hole. If you are drilling for a 2" rain, and thats what I would use, the hole may be a 3" hole. Maintain 3" from the top as well as the side from the hole. I am basic doing the same with ours. In our case, we will be using 1 wavy sea in the center and 2- 1" Sea Swirls on the back, one on each side, those are all for the return, the drains will be out the back with 3 - 1.5" drains back to the basement.

davocean
07/22/2008, 08:42 AM
Not familiar w/ sea swirl myself, so not sure rec for inlet or return size.
Best advice is make a plan, diagrahm if you can.
Single OF?
Are you going to do a loop or PH's?
What do you plan to keep and turnover rate?
Keep returns/locklines high for less siphon in case of PF.