PDA

View Full Version : Digital Reef Controllers

che25
07/20/2008, 12:39 PM
Hi:

I was wondering how many of you use digital reef controllers and how do you like them? I'm considering adding one to my system, however, they are a bit costly and I'm wondering how much utility it would yield.

I do like the idea of real-time pH monitoring and the ability to switch-off individual components for maintenance issues.

Please share your ideas and experiences.

Thank you.

drparker
07/20/2008, 12:49 PM
I love it. I currently have and Digital Aquatics RK2 on each of my tanks. I've also got the just released RKE that I'll upgrade my 75 to when all the little new product kinks are worked-out, probably next week if the new firmware proves solid.

I've had the RK2s on my systems for two years. They make daily life easier. As you mention the ability to manually control any item plus the ability to press one button for feedings and have all my pumps shut down for 10 minutes. Then they auto start with skimmer waiting an additional 30 minutes before it auto starts.

The ability to monitor the temp prob and have fans automatically start when temp rises to a set point and then shut down lights if it rises to even higher temps all defined by you. You could also use it to control a chiller.

It will also function as wave timer and cycle my powerheads to create alternating flow.