View Full Version : stocking ideas for a 6footer

07/22/2008, 08:18 AM
i have a newly setup 68 x 24 x 20 FOWLR.

currently the only fish in there is my volitan ( 6" )

fish i would like are

either 4 yellows OR 2 sailfins

majestic OR emporer.

if you could make a few suggestions that would be great.

a few i cant have or dont want

harlequin tusk
ANY eel ( would love one but my fiance is scared to death by them

thanks for your time

07/22/2008, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't recommend 4 yellows or 2 sailfins because although it is 6ft it is still only 150gallons and the 4 yellows will have a high bioload and the 2 sailfins will probably fight. Perhaps, a couple of Tangs maybe a Kole and a Yellow or Powder Blue and Chevron? Or maybe a Lion and a snowflake?

07/22/2008, 10:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, why dont you want a Harlequin tusk?

07/22/2008, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't put an angel in with a lionfish. Angels are known for picking on lionfish and stressing them to death.
You could look in to some of less aggressive triggers like a blue jaw, sargassum, or crosshatch. I wouldn't put any other trigger with lionfish but the ones I mentioned. Maybe a large clown like a tomato or maroon. Then a tang or two. Just make sure you have a really strong protein skimmer.

07/22/2008, 11:51 AM
Get a zebra eel! They are quite pretty, and do not eat or even bother fish, only inverts. They are also a little shy, and they do not have sharp teeth--they use thier mouths to crush shells, not rip into flesh.

I recommend this one because I love mine, he is a perfect gentleman, and he is kind of sweet/cute looking--perhaps your fiance will learn to love an eel!