PDA

View Full Version : lighting schedule

shroom101
07/22/2008, 06:57 PM
I was wondering if anybody could help me out with a lighting schedule.How long are you leaving your actinic on before you turn on your day lights?How long are you leaving your daylights on?How long are you leaving your actinics on after your daylights go out?and is it ok to leave you moonlights on all night.I would really appreciate the help,thanks

Aquarist007
07/22/2008, 07:01 PM
attinics on for 12 hours
halides on for 10 hours
moon rays come on when the attinics go off

attinics come on in the morning one hour before the halides==this is morning on the real reef

halides come on for 10 hours--attinics are on also--this is daytime on the real reef

halides shut off and the attinics remain on for one more hour--this is dusk on the real reef and is when I feed my corals

I use a coralife timer so everything is automatic

shroom101
07/23/2008, 01:29 AM
thanks for the help capn capn does it matter if it is still daylight out when you turn your lights out for the night (tank getting indirect light)or come on after daybreak in the morning,thanks again

snorvich
07/23/2008, 06:32 AM
That should make no difference. While I do lighting somewhat different than the above, the concept of daybreak and sunset are good ones from a keeping animals perspective.

cdness
07/23/2008, 07:24 AM
Great information! I had the same question and just saw the post.

What Coralife timer do you use Capn? Does it handle the three stages (Actinics, Halides, Moon) all in the same timer?

Aquarist007
07/23/2008, 12:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13005085#post13005085 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cdness
Great information! I had the same question and just saw the post.

What Coralife timer do you use Capn? Does it handle the three stages (Actinics, Halides, Moon) all in the same timer?

Yes in fact with mine I use the third plug(yellow) on my halide side to run two fans in my canopy hood to keep the heat stable when the halides come on.

shroom101
07/23/2008, 03:43 PM
thanks again capn