PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on hiding emporer angel

sean48183
07/22/2008, 08:53 PM
I bought an emporer angel on sunday that is around 7" and he has been hiding for 2 days. I know this is still early but I was wondering how long it took other peoples full size angels to come out and eat and get comfortable. I am not in panic mode yet as it has only been a couple days but I would like to see this dude eat soon.

There in not any noticeable harrassing either. None of the fish even pay attention to him when he is out and about for a few seconds.

dones20
07/22/2008, 09:55 PM
be patient and give the fella some time to adjust my emperor did not eat for a little more than a week he was about 6 or so inches that is usually the prob people have when you getsuch a big specimen jusst give him time try to keep hands out of tank till he gets a little more comfortable and offer a variety of differnt foods espesially gel binded foods like from ocean nutrition the reason being is because angels tear there food of peice by peice and with food that is gel binded it will stay in a cube even when thoughed out and remain like a fleshy peice of coral if you will...

dones20
07/22/2008, 09:55 PM
be patient and give the fella some time to adjust my emperor did not eat for a little more than a week he was about 6 or so inches that is usually the prob people have when you getsuch a big specimen jusst give him time try to keep hands out of tank till he gets a little more comfortable and offer a variety of differnt foods espesially gel binded foods like from ocean nutrition the reason being is because angels tear there food of peice by peice and with food that is gel binded it will stay in a cube even when thoughed out and remain like a fleshy peice of coral if you will...

WuHT
07/23/2008, 02:16 AM
keep in mind that at his size.. probably has ample fat reserves. This isn't like a 1" tang that pretty much can't miss a meal.

jnc914
07/23/2008, 07:40 AM
I would not worry about the Emp. yet, they do need some time to acclimate to its new home. My previous Emp. took about 4-6 days to fully acclimate and start eating. Is this fish in a QT, and if not, did you treat the fish prior to putting into your tank? Whenever I purchase large angels I always treat with Prazi Pro as a precaution to get rid of flukes. Then it is put into QT with cupramine treatment for 2 weeks. After 4-6 weeks it is added to the DT. Good luck with your new addition.

LargeAngels
07/23/2008, 07:51 AM
Like jnc914 I treat all angels, especially large ones, with Prazipro for flukes. Very common for them to have flukes.

sean48183
07/23/2008, 05:45 PM
Ok I will keep waiting it out and try to get my hands on some gel binded food. He is still in hiding today so I am hoping it won't be much longer. He doesn't show any signs of flukes or ich at this point in time but I would like to get him feeding so he can fight it a little better if he has to. It's good to here that everyone else's has taken some time to acclimate. He is pretty fat at this point in time but I would like him to stay that way.

sean48183
07/23/2008, 07:41 PM
Here are some pics of this guy.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/Sean48183/DSCN0635.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/Sean48183/DSCN0638.jpg

And here is the left side of my tank. As you can see there are plenty of places to hide so that won't be a problem for him. It fact at this point it is more of a problem for me. You can see him out in the bottom left of the pic.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/Sean48183/DSCN0647.jpg