PDA

View Full Version : MP40w Gen 2 Question

jsteidl
07/23/2008, 02:50 PM
Hello,

I just purchased from Marine Depot 2 new Wet Sides and 2 Wireless Drivers. How do I know if the wet Sides are the new Version? Also, my new drivers are Version 2.1. Should they not have sent me the new 2.2 version of the drivers?

Do I have to send in one of the drivers to get re-flashed with Gen2 code so I can re-flash the other here?

Please let me know,

Jake

unbreakable
07/23/2008, 03:05 PM
try to see if you can find someone locally that can do it. im sure you could find an LFS in greenwich with some vortechs that could flash it for you

EcoTech Marine
07/23/2008, 03:27 PM
If your box has a sticker on it that says "Generation 2 - New and Improved" then it is a Gen2. Gen2 is also differentiable by the black plastic magnet and black plastic nut at the top of the propeller.

-Tim

jsteidl
07/23/2008, 04:05 PM
No sticker on the wet-side box. It does have a black nut and a black plastic cap on end by magnet. Is this Gen 2?

EcoTech Marine
07/24/2008, 08:10 AM
Ok, I didn't realize you bought the parts separately. You definitely have a Gen2 wet side. The driver you have, however, is not Gen2 code. The easiest way to solve this is to find someone you know or a local fish store nearby with a Gen2 pump and re-flash your drivers. I recommend House of Fins in Greenwich.

-Tim