PDA

View Full Version : Diver's den Golden Heart

FishyMel
07/23/2008, 04:43 PM
The Golden Heart in diver's den right now has kind of unusual coloration. Is it freaked out or something? I've been waiting for one to pop up as previously mentioned but I'm not sure about this one. His color is blotchy.
http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20080723193909/www.liveaquaria.com/images/diversden/approved/0723081-176.jpg
They also raised the price. 129 instead of 89. I should of gotten the 3.5 inch one a couple weeks ago, I was just waiting for a 4 incher for 89 which they got frequently when I was on vacation:rolleyes:

sportyrox
07/23/2008, 05:01 PM
Mine does that coloration all the time......normaly when it is dark and he lodges himself into some rock to sleep. Makes me think its his form of camo for when they are little. The blue lines in the face are always there, not visable from far away but when you get closer you can see them very easily. Aso, the Live Aquaria fish has way to much blue on him......I have T5's on my FOWLR and you cannot see that much blue. On a side note though the price I believe is fair, these guys aren't "rare" but the collecting from where they are from is.....Keep in mind though these fish have only been in the hobby for two or so years and I have seen them go from a grand to $80 bucks.....so the price might go down even more still. After having mine for the short time I have so far (a few weeks) I would say go for it. They are an absolute joy to keep.

agreeive?fish
07/23/2008, 05:16 PM
If you dont like the color/looks/size/price of this one...just pass on it as there will be more on divers den they seem to have them quite often...and iam prety sure as long as they sale and they can continue to get them they will be more to buy on divers den....iam also looking for a few fish on divers den..and i have passed on some of the ones iam looking for for one reason or another and a few days /weeks later they have what iam looking for(but i dont always have the $$$ when they have the fish)

FishyMel
07/23/2008, 05:29 PM
So his gold heart would be more gold than this pic?

humaguy
07/23/2008, 08:26 PM
I thought his coloration was curious too. I got my Golden Heart from Diver's Den about 2 weeks ago- not as dark as this one- though he does darken up from time to time-he is about 3 1/4 inches. Eats well and is beautiful.

danorth
07/23/2008, 08:54 PM
The color is just the fish showing how it is feeling. Niger trigs turn pink, undys flare the yellow, queens turn white.....

sportyrox
07/23/2008, 09:06 PM
Yes his gold spot on the side will show up more at times and less at times. Just depends on his mood.

danorth
07/24/2008, 08:45 AM
Did you get it? It isn't there now. But they have some $70 niger trigs...!!!!

krazykarel
07/24/2008, 09:09 AM
I would hold off if I were you. That is pretty expensive price to pay when you are not impressed with the colors. The trig colors vary from fish to fish. I had a very small humu that had very bleached out colors (I had been looking for a very small specimen and paid $25 for it)...I have seen large specimens with the same bleached out colors. I got another humu, same size, with colors that will blow your socks off (only paid $12 bucks for it).

SO, I would tell you to be patient and find the specimen you like for sure.

FishyMel
07/24/2008, 09:10 AM
No, I'm waiting out on it. I emailed liveaquaria and asked how many golden hearts and what size they have any quarantine. That one was on the small side and the jacked up the price on it $40. I asked them if this one was special or something and that is why it had a higher price.

DD has gotten some sweet nigers with bright red teeth about a foot long for $200.