PDA

View Full Version : TMPCC dip on AEFW

tgcreef
07/24/2008, 07:42 PM
How long should you dip the coral?

flyyyguy
07/24/2008, 11:51 PM
I did it for 15 minutes when I used it, and followed directions on dosage

I use coral revive now and still think a very close visual inspection of the coral and treatment water is crucial to be sure.

I also prefer fresh cuts to encrusted frags when I buy

moo0o
07/25/2008, 12:00 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13018138#post13018138 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flyyyguy
I did it for 15 minutes when I used it, and followed directions on dosage

I use coral revive now and still think a very close visual inspection of the coral and treatment water is crucial to be sure.

I also prefer fresh cuts to encrusted frags when I buy

why fresh cuts over encrusted frags?

cham
07/25/2008, 06:29 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13018165#post13018165 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moo0o
why fresh cuts over encrusted frags?

You can't kill AEFW eggs with a dip, they have to be hatched. Fresh cuts are FAR less likely to contain eggs and even if they do you should easily be able to spot them with inspection.

RokleM
07/25/2008, 06:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13018138#post13018138 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flyyyguy

Ditto. I know for a fact I lost corals due to the harshness of TMPCC. Normal flatworms would take a good 10-11 minutes into the dip to start showing signs of stress. It also caused temporary browning/bleaching on SPS.

Coral Revive on the other hand seems to have an impact on normal FW within 15-20 seconds, completely knocked out or dead in 60 seconds. As well, I have yet to have any losses when using it. No browning or bleaching either.

As well with LPS, with TMPCC LPS would retract, open their mouths, etc. Coral revive shows no impact on the LPS what so ever, and I've actually had feelers out searching for food. Very odd.

Haven't received anything with RB or AEFW recently, so I can't confirm how well it works on those.