PDA

View Full Version : lighting help please......

redvicki
07/25/2008, 02:30 PM
I bought a Coralife Aqua Pro for my tank. the guy I bought it from said it would work on my bow front tank. Just went to put it on and guess what it doesn't work. The legs won't line up since the tank is not as wide at the ends as it is in the middle. If I modify the legs by cutting off the edge piece I'm afraid it won't be stable. Any one have any ideas?
And my plumbing to my sump has a small leak. I may need to replumb the over flow side. Any ideas has to fix a small leak without replumbing?
My next post may be 72 gallon bow front for sale............

sufunk
07/25/2008, 02:49 PM
I have the 30" coralife agualight on my 36g bowfront and it does fit with the legs. I have to have it mounted towards the back of the tank so the bowfront doesnt mess with it but it fits fine.

Any chance you can get a pic of it not fitting? It seems like you should be able to get yours to fit on the same way i did:confused:

redvicki
07/25/2008, 02:59 PM
The ends of my tank are not as wide as the ends of the light. The legs for the light have a small lip on them and that's what is preventing me from moving the legs in towards the middle of the tank where it is wider.

sufunk
07/25/2008, 03:10 PM
Ok, i think i understand what your saying. The "nonbowed" straight part of the sides of your tank are not as wide as the light fixture? Is that right?

If thats the case, i dont think the legs will work. I'm sure there are ways to rig it but off the top of my head, i cant think of any that wouldnt look really bad:confused:

Thats weird though if i'm right about what your saying. The coralife fixture isnt very wide and mine is much thinner than the straight part of the sides of my tank.

calli
07/25/2008, 04:10 PM
Show us a picture of both.. you may be able to make brackets for the lights...

ahullsb
07/25/2008, 04:16 PM
Yes a pic would help. Maybe you could cut a piece of wood for each end of the tank that would extend out a few inches on each side and mount the brackets to that. Also, are those lights capable of being hung? I hung my fixture and it really was not as difficult as I expected it to be.

calli
07/25/2008, 04:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13022398#post13022398 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ahullsb
Yes a pic would help. Maybe you could cut a piece of wood for each end of the tank that would extend out a few inches on each side and mount the brackets to that. Also, are those lights capable of being hung? I hung my fixture and it really was not as difficult as I expected it to be.

That is what I was thinking... wood = very easy to work with..

amithi
07/25/2008, 04:41 PM
not sure if this is what it is but have to try to turn the legs to oposite way that they are now ?.
if the guy told u that it fits than try that i might be wrong. but just trying to help. :)

redvicki
07/25/2008, 06:07 PM
I turned the legs so they face in towards the tank and they work. Thanks everyone. I would have been really upset if they hadn't worked. They weren't cheap, at least for my budget. The tank looks great with the lights on it. That's one problem solved. Now if I can figure out a way to fix my drippy plumbing I'll be a very happy camper.

calli
07/25/2008, 06:24 PM
Pictures???