PDA

View Full Version : Glass Tubing Around T5 Bulb??

tent-tacal
07/25/2008, 07:23 PM
i cant see it too well but in pics of ts bulb fixtures,is there clear tubing surrounding the actualle glass bulb?

James77
07/25/2008, 07:26 PM
no-its basically a really thin version of the standard flourescent bulb.

tent-tacal
07/25/2008, 07:47 PM
the reason im asking is because im getting water proof caps at HD and i asked my friend if hes seen them there.he said they do,but they come with clear tubing you slide the bulbs in.do i HAVE to put the tubing around the bulbs?is the clear tubing what makes the caps waterproof?

humbugy
07/25/2008, 08:54 PM
what you want is the water resistant sockets, its a rubber boot around the end of the lamp that screws into the lightholder (socket)
using thoose light procetor tubes will prevent you from using an individual reflector on each T5, the great advantage.
http://icecapinc.com/icecapinc006002.gif

Everyones Hero
07/25/2008, 10:33 PM
I think the clear tubing you're talking about is a safety tubing in case the bulb breaks.

It's an alternative to using the regular sheet-like light covers that are over most Flo fixtures in buildings.

Reason I know this is because we had an inspection at work & they almost took off points for not having light covers (safety issue) until my boss pointed out the tubes covering the lights. He said it's an alternative to using the sheets.