PDA

View Full Version : how do i tell it is GEN2 MP40W??

bluenassarius
07/26/2008, 04:47 PM
i ordered this off ebay "new in box". when i got it from fedex today the seal was broken. the wetside came off really easily! how do i tell this IS the gen2?? my friend bought a mp40w and on the box it said "gen2 new and improved on the box" i paid full price for this also not discounted.

cbrguy
07/26/2008, 05:23 PM
Looks at the Magnet. If it has a black plastic coating it's Gen 2. If it's silver it's Gen 1.

bluenassarius
07/26/2008, 05:29 PM
U)(U!#)(R(U)!#* its gen1........ the seller said its the newest one!

bluenassarius
07/26/2008, 05:32 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/marineplantedtanks/4-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/marineplantedtanks/3-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/marineplantedtanks/2-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/marineplantedtanks/5.jpg

IceCap Service
07/26/2008, 06:06 PM
Its possible you got a Gen 1 wetside but the controller may be Gen2. Apply power and look closely at the LED sequence. If it is a brief red followed by 2 green flashes then 2 blue flashes it is a Gen 2. If not then it is a Gen 1.
You will need to deal with the E-Bay seller on this. As Tim pointed out on another thread, E-Bay stores are not authorized retailers.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1432440

bluenassarius
07/26/2008, 06:52 PM
i'm disputing this w/ the ebay seller right now. its gen one because it does not blink in that color sequence. if they aren't authorized dealers, how are they getting these items to sell?

AAP
07/26/2008, 07:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13028897#post13028897 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluenassarius
i'm disputing this w/ the ebay seller right now. its gen one because it does not blink in that color sequence. if they aren't authorized dealers, how are they getting these items to sell?

I'm glad you are disputing it because I have also contact the ecotech guy on here and you will have to wait until I'm satisfied by them(ecotech)

If anyone wants to dispute me being a dealer please step forward....

Yes I'm the ebay store in question...

Paul

unbreakable
07/26/2008, 09:04 PM
^^ look up, someone from Ecotech has already responded in here.

My gen2 does not have a silver magnet plus it came with a silver sticker on the box saying it was gen 2.

btw, is that rust on the magnet??

bluenassarius
07/27/2008, 01:54 AM
nietzsche,

that was my guess. i haven't placed it in water yet. i'm waiting for this to be resolved before messing with it. i'm peeved that i spent $400+ on a powerhead and can't get any service. it's not like i purchased this a year ago or 6 months ago. i purchased this a week ago and it arrived today. i heard ecotech has great customer service however i'm not really feeling it right now.

IceCap Service
07/27/2008, 06:20 AM
Nobody stated it would not be serviced for you. You were the one who stated you paid full price for a Gen 2 pump but got a Gen 1 pump instead with the seal broken. We can not help if you got something other than what you paid for through E-Bay. We would be more than happy to convert it to Gen 2 for you. All you need to do is send the controller to us so we can flash the Gen 2 codes in it.

d4a2n0k
07/27/2008, 07:14 AM
Geez, give them some time to respond! You posted on a Saturday.

Dont panic, its $9.95 for the new magnet/screw/backplate and they can flash the new code for free. If you have anybody local with a Gen 2 then they can do it for you.

Why people buy things on Flea-Bay at full price when they could have bought it from a legit vendor is beyond me.....

AAP
07/27/2008, 07:24 AM
First off I have the e-bay store in question and second I own a aquarium shop to! The problem here is ecotech not keeping the shops up to date on the apparent issues with flawed product. <------this was stated to me by the person who not only started this thread but purchased the unit off my e-bay store. The reason why the seal was broken was because we are asked to check the product once ups delivers the item to the aquarium stores. I have email the tech guy who has responded in this thread but apparently he would rather just post a reply on here instead of actually responding to my pm or even calling me with the number I supplied him. I told the customer once I get satisfied by ecotech he will be taken care of period!

PAul

AAP
07/27/2008, 07:33 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13030771#post13030771 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IceCap Service
Nobody stated it would not be serviced for you. You were the one who stated you paid full price for a Gen 2 pump but got a Gen 1 pump instead with the seal broken. We can not help if you got something other than what you paid for through E-Bay. We would be more than happy to convert it to Gen 2 for you. All you need to do is send the controller to us so we can flash the Gen 2 codes in it.

The customer did a buy it now off my e-bay store. Then the following day sent me an e-mail after fed-ex had picked up the package asking if this was a gen 2 pump. I stated this is the newest pump ecotech has sent my company.

IceCap Service
07/27/2008, 10:37 AM
Per your quote to me " I also find it funny that you guys can answer the phone on saturday at ecotech. But you have customer support on here for the nerds. "

We are closed on Saturday and Sunday as well as nights. I personally log on nights and weekends to see if I can provide any assistance to customers when I have some free time. I do not use my home phone to make calls on these issues.

Feel free to contact Sales Monday during normal business hours.

diverdan814
07/27/2008, 12:44 PM
ignore (b/c RC won't allow me to delete my own message

EcoTech Marine
07/27/2008, 01:14 PM
Paul-

What is the name of your store? We have not sold a Gen1 MP40w in over two months. Moreover, upon the launch of the Gen2 product all of our current retail customers were notified. I believe you likely purchased this product from a wholesaler with old inventory and not directly through us. We do not endorse the sale of our products on ebay.

Regardless, we will take care of our customers like we always do. bluenassarius - please email us at service@ecotechmarine.com for instructions on how to upgrade your pump to Gen2 spec. There is no need to deal with this seller any longer- we will take care of you from here.

AAP - please do not post comments on our sponsored forum insinuating that we do not take care of our customers, either our retailers or end users. Moreover, do not insult our service personnel or our customer base by calling either of us "nerds." We value our consumers and our retailers more than words can express and your attitude toward us is unwarranted. Your feedback on this thread is no longer welcome. If you would like to discuss this issue any further then you can call us on Monday morning.

-Tim

AAP
07/27/2008, 04:26 PM
Tim

I will call you Monday and you will also take care of the upgrade on my customers that have purchased these through my shop. The facts are plain as day..I never got a call about the upgrades nor the issues of rusting with your product! So I will be expecting 7 new plastic magnets asap. Also trust me I will be calling monday if you would like pm now and I can send you my number now and we can have a word of prayer about the issues asap!

Also the only call I got was the one about the new mp20 being released soon and that you had a special on pre-orders and free shipping!

dots
08/04/2008, 10:16 PM
John has the Gen2's on the shelf at Yourreef in Roseville.