PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE! Need advice on my possible fish list

stricknine
07/27/2008, 02:23 AM
I have had a 24G for roughly a month. Have cleaners in and looking to add fish. Me and my wife spent a lot of time looking into it but I would really appriciate everyones input;

CURRENTLY HAVE;
-1 Emerald Crab
-1 Arrow crab (close to being returned after eating a baby cleaner)
-8 Hermits
-12 snails (various, no turbos)
-2 skunk cleaners

WANTED LIST (3-4 max)
- Bengalli cardinalfish / or pajyma
- blue green chromis
- Tomato clown / or clarki
- Citron Goby
- oc. / percula clown
- royal gramma
- coral beauty / flame angelfish
- green clown goby

Im not too sure but id like to have a sand sifter (but I heard they will starve in a 24 gallon) and a few of the others. Also not sure if they will do better in pairs or if we should look into one of each pick...

So many choices, so little idea.

THANKS!!!

kau_cinta_ku
07/27/2008, 02:29 AM
I would skip the angels, only go with a pair of one or the other clowns not both.

if you skip the angels you coud do:
2 cardinals or 2 chromis
a pair of clowns ( I suggest the percs or oc.)
citron goby
royal gramma
clown goby

stricknine
07/27/2008, 03:08 AM
Thanks kau_cinta_ku, but did I misunderstand? Seems like a lot of fish for the mini 24G tank I got, but very exciting. Can i really get all those in my tank and if so who should be first, or last, or does it even matter?

THANKS again, RC has been too good

kau_cinta_ku
07/27/2008, 03:15 AM
they are all small fish and should be fine, I would say your fine adding any of them but leave the gramma for last.

and after seeing my list I ment to say either the citron or green clown goby not both. they will fight their own kind.

stricknine
07/27/2008, 03:18 AM
Again, much appriciated

kau_cinta_ku
07/27/2008, 03:21 AM
anytime, thats what we are here for :D

good luck :thumbsup:

kau_cinta_ku
07/27/2008, 03:27 AM
i should also say go with your gut and get rid of the arrow crab. they can get mean.

stricknine
07/27/2008, 03:44 AM
Arrow crab--> Not something i wanted to hear , but if he will kill all future progress I will have to bring him into the good LFS for the feather dusters and xenia ive been wanting. Irony!

snorvich
07/27/2008, 07:27 AM
I too suggest removal of the arrow crab. Interesting critter but not a good citizen.

Sk8r
07/27/2008, 07:56 AM
For a sandsifter, consider a yellow watchman; he'll feed himself off detritus and any food that hits the bottom, putting very little load on the tank. Add a nassarius snail for under-sand work: they burrow and you'll rarely ever see it, but they're cool.