PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys. 75 gallon tank, would like stocking advice

jchboy
07/27/2008, 08:06 AM
Hi guys, glad to have stumbled upon this informative forum. Right now, I'm running the following tank,

75 gallon glass tank with overflow box
About 40 pounds of live rock with 1 cm sand bed

which flows to

Custom made 10 g tank with 10" DSB and chaeto as refugium
2 ft tank with octo nw-150 skimmer

And then back into the main tank

Running 3 additional powerheads for a total of 30x turnover to keep all the nasty stuff suspended in the water column.

Parameters are sg 1.025, nitrite and ammonia 0. nitrate between 5-7.

Inhabitants are
1 snowflake eel
1 bicolor angel
1 firefish
1 kaudern's cardinal
1 Ocellaris Clownfish
2 Azure damselfishes
3 camel shrimps
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
2 dwarf orange leg hermits

Question, am I overloaded, or can I add more fishes? I would, if possible, like to add more small fishes like a tomato clown, or a small goby etc etc

TIA for any feedback

ladyshark
07/27/2008, 10:22 AM
I suspect that your shrimp and hermits will eventually be lunch for the snowflake. In terms of size and number, I don't think you are too overloaded so long as you watch parameters and have a good skimmer.

TriggersAmuck
07/27/2008, 11:59 AM
Adding a Tomato could spell a nasty time for your Ocellaris. Likewise, the 2 damsels could be trouble for ANY small fish you introduce at this point. (How are these 2 azures getting on with each other right now?) Might want to consider a smaller tang or something which can hold its own like that.

weluvfish54
07/27/2008, 12:18 PM
id ditch the damsels as well...
they will get very agressive..
also make sure your tanks covered for that snowflake he'll jump! (mine did)

jchboy
07/27/2008, 06:23 PM
Right now the snowflake and shrimps and hermits are living comfortably together for the past few months. What worked for me was getting the shrimps big and the snowflake small, and feeding him to satiation twice a week. He has learnt to take food only from a stick.

I got azures because I read they were the most docile damsels. Well they are docile toward all the other fish, even the tiny cardinal, but they take nips at each other occasionally. Thats about all the aggression in the tank.

mongerman
07/28/2008, 06:17 AM
I would like to add 2 more small fishes. Like a purple pseudochromis and a neon goby, or something similar. Scrapping the tomato clown since it'll bother my current clown. Will that be a ok stock?

TriggersAmuck
07/28/2008, 06:38 AM
Just keep in mind that although they are small, those purple pseudochromis (and the similar bicolor) can be surprisingly scrappy (and have teeth). Neon goby is more the way to go.

mongerman
07/28/2008, 07:29 AM
Heyjchboy since I have a similar tank and stock list I hope you dont mind me chiming in and asking some qestions as well. I have a similar stocklist, but am thinking of adding a dwarf lion instead. Would that work?