PDA

View Full Version : Bubble counter pulling water into it

law086
07/27/2008, 09:31 AM
Hi folks,

I have a MRC calcium reactor and I just recently replaced the water in my bubble counter. For some reason water is now being drawn into the bubble counter from CO2 line. So the water is traveling from the intake of the pump (mag2) backwards into the bubble counter and filling it up with water.

Any clues as to what would cause this? I played around with everything I can think of and I can't fix it!

Thanks!
Ron

pdelcast
07/27/2008, 09:50 AM
The only thing I can think of that would cause this is if there was a leak in the bubble counter allowing the CO2 to escape -- the pressure of the CO2 has to be higher than the pressure of the water pump, or the water will be forced into the bubble counter. If there is a leak that allows the CO2 pressure to bleed off then water will come from from the reactor (which is under pressure) and go into the bubble counter.

Check your connections and the top of the bubble counter to see if you have a CO2 leak somewhere.

Left Coast DJ
07/27/2008, 11:06 AM
Put a check valve on all lines.

chrissreef
07/27/2008, 11:41 AM
check valve... or two =) same thing happens to mine... I think I'm going to make an external bubble counter so I don't have to worry about it.