PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Quality & Reliable Nitrate Liquid Test Kit.

Jasonanatal
07/31/2008, 10:20 AM
I'm looking to purchase a Nitrate Liquid Test Kit that is of High Quality, Reliability, and as Accurate as possible. Cost is not necessarily a deciding factor although if you could include this in your recommendation it would be greatly appreciated. I am using the test primarily to measure the level of Nitrate within the effluent coming from my Deltec NFP509 Nitrate Filter.

I own a series of LaMotte Test Kits which I love but I can only find one review on Marine Depot about them. I personally prefer the LaMotte Liquid Test Kits, but I currently one two. One Alkalinity and One Calcium. The LaMotte Akalinity Liquid Test Kit is great and gives extremely accurate and easy to decipher readings. The LaMotte Calcium Liquid Test Kit is easy to use but differenting the final color change is quiet difficult. So as you can see my view is 50/50 on the matter. Thank you for any recommendations you can provide.

jansenwrasse
07/31/2008, 06:58 PM
is there a echo in here??? LOL just kidding :)

Again Lamotte is going to be a fine choice. Due to the nature of Nitrate test kits they may not be perfect on readings and most times you have to have a Nitrite kit as well. Most NO3 test kits work on what is called Cadmium reduction which simply means that NO3 is turned back to NO2(nitrite). So any Nitrite in the sample will effect the readings from the test kit.

Salifert, LaMotte, Hach. Are all great choices personally

AcroSteve
08/14/2008, 06:31 PM
I saw a recent comparison of Nitrate test kits somewhere.

Anybody have a link to it?