PDA

View Full Version : How long should Rowaphos last?

VaderWS6
07/31/2008, 12:20 PM
How long should Rowaphos last?

Michael
07/31/2008, 12:40 PM
not sure if that can be answered properly, all i can say is it could be up to 3 months, however it depends on many factors, but 3 months max is a good guide line

jansenwrasse
07/31/2008, 07:13 PM
I would test the tank water and effluent for PO4 and when the effluent and the tank are the same level then I would say that it is exhausted. This is if you have testable levels in the tank.

If you are at undetectable levels then I would suggest 2-3 months if the media is not allowed to clump to badly.

Hope this helps :)

AZDesertRat
07/31/2008, 08:07 PM
The difference in the effluent and the tank water wil be so close its hard to tell that way. Phosphate media takes time and works very slowly as water is recirculated hundreds and thousands of times through the fluidized media. I don't think there is a hobbyist grade meter or test kit able to test the difference between the two waters.

ksed
07/31/2008, 08:21 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13064440#post13064440 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
The difference in the effluent and the tank water wil be so close its hard to tell that way. Phosphate media takes time and works very slowly as water is recirculated hundreds and thousands of times through the fluidized media. I don't think there is a hobbyist grade meter or test kit able to test the difference between the two waters.

Not even the D-D test kit (Deltec) which is made by Merck.

jansenwrasse
07/31/2008, 08:32 PM
You can for sure see the levels with a test kit. Salifert, for sure.