PDA

View Full Version : Rid-Ich+

t5Nitro
08/01/2008, 04:09 PM
I've purchased Rid-Ich+. In other parts of this forum, I've been struggling getting the answer I want. Basically I'm hoping you guys would be able to tell me exactly how to use this. It says 1 tsp per 10 gallons of tank water which is what I'll be using to treat a tang (if I can catch him). I would put in some pvc and a small powerhead. Is anything else needed? Or just put in 1 tsp and the fish and let him sit.

At the moment, the fish isn't eating anymore since maybe a week ago and still loaded in ich. Still active swimmer though.

jonsreef11
08/01/2008, 04:32 PM
Just put him in the quarantine tank with the rid-ich+ and give it a few days. If he still has heavy signs then you might want to perform a water change and dose again. I would maybe add an airstone to the quarantine. Best of luck to you.

t5Nitro
08/01/2008, 04:52 PM
I think we have have an airstone from a freshwater tank years and years ago. I suppose I could use it, hopefully nothing too harmful in it.

Thanks for the tip. Basically the answer I was looking for. People are telling me I need to watch freshwater PH and do freshwater dips each day etc etc... Sounded too complicated, even because it's not on the bottle.

Thanks jonsreef11! :)

Oh ya, when I put the medication into this 10 gallon tote I have, will I be able to use this tote again? I use it to mix my new saltwater for the main display. Is it able to be washed out and reused again after the treatment or not?

dfs/la2
08/01/2008, 06:31 PM
T5nitro,

Thank you for your post. jonsreef11, did give you the correct information on how to dose with the Rid-Ich+. We would definitely recommend placing your tang in a quarantine tank while treating.

While mixing your medication in your tote we do believe it would be just fine to wash and reuse this tote for your salt water mixture.

If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us back either by post, email at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-562-7169 ext 225.

Michelle L.
Live Aquaria (liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (drsfostersmith.com)