PDA

View Full Version : 2 shrimp/goby pairs?

scott11
08/01/2008, 09:10 PM
I have a 120gal. I had a yellow and a tiger pistol for about 6 months, and just added a randals and tiger shrimp I got from a friend. At first the new pair stayed on the other side of the tank, but last night the new pair stole the yellows burrow. I know the new (larger) shrimp is with the randals in the old burrow, and I see the yellow in an attached cavern, but don't see the original shrimp. Is it likely that he was killed, or probably just hiding out? Do pistols fight with each other?

gbcichlids
08/02/2008, 04:43 PM
I am hitching on this thread to find out other experiences because I would like to keep multiple pistols but I thought they may not get along.

Randy

scott11
08/02/2008, 04:56 PM
update- both gobies are sharing the same tunnel, sitting right next to each other. I can see 1 shrimp, not sure if the other one is down there.

scott11
08/02/2008, 07:41 PM
update- Looks like both pairs are living in the same burrow. I see that both gobies and both shrimp are in the same set of tunnels, and they are switching partners. The original goby is guarding the tunnel where the new shrimp is digging, and vise versa.

They are very busy enlarging their home.

Recty
08/02/2008, 11:00 PM
Who knew that pistol shrimp were "swingers"?