PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a highhead auto top off pump

Brent Thomann
08/05/2008, 10:09 AM
Looking for a highhead auto top off pump/system.

The autotop off pump needs to be able to suck from my RO/DI Storage Tank in my basement to my sump 30 feet away.

any suggestions?

I was going to get another Ultra-Precise Liquid Level Controller (http://spectrapure.com/St_alc_p7.htm) from spectrapure.com but they stopped making them. They said they're coming out with a new highly upgraded version, but not for a long time.

this is going on a new separate system I set up in the same room as my current tank. I want to top off from the same RO/DI storage tank. My other tank in the room uses the spectrapure.com Ultra-Precise Liquid Level Controller (above) and it works great. Looking for something similar with float switches and can transfer the water from that distance.

Fish_wiz2
08/05/2008, 10:35 AM
look into reef-filler they can pump long distances but have to keep running, they have many models and one my friend has (7gpd) works very well, also they use diaphragms so you really don't have to maintain em like dosing pumps

AZDesertRat
08/05/2008, 01:28 PM
Have you spoken to Spectrapure lately? I understand they are not that far away from bringing a brand new unit to market. Possibly a month? Knowing the reputation of their products I think it will be worth the wait if you can swing it.

Brent Thomann
08/05/2008, 01:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13093854#post13093854 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
Have you spoken to Spectrapure lately? I understand they are not that far away from bringing a brand new unit to market. Possibly a month? Knowing the reputation of their products I think it will be worth the wait if you can swing it.

That sure would be nice! I could certainly wait a month.

I spoke to Scott last month and he said its going to be a while yet.

AZDesertRat
08/05/2008, 01:43 PM
I was told production is going better than originally planned. You might try calling Scott or Bruce and quizzing them a little.