PDA

View Full Version : Fish-N-Times

Rustylugnuts
08/05/2008, 08:18 PM
Just went there last friday and I got a really good first impression of the place. LOTS of large healthy LPS and softy colonies can be found for 50 bucks or less. Tons of healthy reef friendly fish at good prices. This is the first LFS that I've seen that carries pods! Snagged a magenta dottyback, a mid sized colony of pulsing Xenia (2 heads w/1 in the process of splitting), Frozen food, and a bottle of DT's phyto for bout $50. I'll be going back for a good sized hammer or torch and some zoos in the near future so please save me some good pieces.

NotAPiscivore
08/05/2008, 11:25 PM
Where is this store? I'm glad you had a good experience. Do they have a website?

Rustylugnuts
08/05/2008, 11:55 PM
No website that I know of.
Fishin Times Pet Shop
2418 N 8th Street, Pekin, IL 61554

allauction
08/06/2008, 11:57 AM
I was in there recently and was very surprised also. I remember years ago Greg (the owner) had pretty much chased everybody away with his big mouth and crappy store. It was dirty and his fish were all sick... I was in there a few weeks ago and the place looked waaaay better and was well stocked with corals and fish. He wasn't in there that day, I think it was his mom who was working there but she was super nice and they even matched Petsmarts price on a bucket of salt for me. They had some good prices and a ton of variety. Charlies hardly has anything anymore and they are overpriced, it looks like Fish-n-times is the place to go now.

celano
08/06/2008, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with whats been said already. I was in there last week for the first time in 3 months and was really surprised by the coral selection. Those two new tanks he has with the t5 Nova extremes over them looked REALLY nice and even the older tanks looked better then ever. The fish selection was kinda weak but maybe I caught him on an off day. Lets hope he keeps them looking nice so us Peoria guys don't have to go all the way to Bloomington to get nice looking stuff.