PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Aquanotes 3.5

rbc1225
08/06/2008, 09:37 PM
I can not for the life of me get Aquanotes to connect to my ACIII. I have no problem accessing the controller from the web. I just setup the wireless and still no problem but when I try to get Aquanotes to connect, no way. I have tried everything that I can think of. I even read the manual. :) I tried both port 23 and the new port I have assigned to it remembering that AQnotes uses the telnet port to talk. Anyway how do I completly remove Aquanotes? I tried to remove it and re-install and it still had my information in there so I know it did not remove all. I would like to try to start fresh so I can get this to work.

Thanks

kenargo
08/06/2008, 09:57 PM
I suspect you may be missing a configuration and wouldn't need to uninstall/reinstall. These are the steps from the Aquanotes FAQ:

How do I configure my AC3 or AC3PRO to connect with AquaNotes?
Follow the configuration steps below to setup AquaNotes for a Ethernet connection (AC3, AC3PRO):

Select the menu choice 'Database->Tank Database'. Update the Aqua ID field on this window with the serial number of the AquaController. The serial number of the AquaController can be found performing a self-test. The serial number that should be entered is shown on the bottom line of the AquaController's self-test display (Passed #WXYZ).

On the 'Tank Database' form choose the 'Config' tab. Enter the IP address, login, and password of the AquaController 3.

Select the menu 'Status->Reef Tank'. You should get a window which displays the current status of the tank and the controlled devices. If you get a message 'AquaController not responding', something is not configured correctly. Re-check the cables, and the AquaNotes configuration which is described in the previous paragraph. If you are still have trouble refer to the AquaController Not Responding trouble shooting section.

If the Ethernet connection is working you should be able to use a telnet client and connect to the AC3.

Note: The Port number should be left at 23; this is different then the "HTTP Port" number you can configure. Also, serial number MUST be correct or AquaNotes will not connect (but the telnet connection will still work).

rbc1225
08/06/2008, 10:08 PM
Those are the exact directions I followed. No luck. Yes my serial number is correct. I am on port 23. The program is acting funny that is why I want to delete and re-install. To get the status to come up I have to disable auto polling under file than then the status button is active. once I push the status button a blank button pops up and i push that and get the status. I then have to re-initiate polling and disable it again to check status again. This is why I think something is wrong.

kenargo
08/06/2008, 10:18 PM
Have you tested a telnet connection?

Normally you wouldn't enable auto-poll unless you have > 1 tank (at least that is what the manual says).

rbc1225
08/06/2008, 10:28 PM
Yes telnet works great. Sort of figuring out the commands in telnet. C for current data and D for database data.

Ok I did find an error. For some reason I had more connections in there as far as sites go. I made sure I used the pc direct connection with all my login info and it worked. I then deleted all other sites in my database. I also went in on the Access database and made sure all looked good there. It uses an old version of Access so I didn't mess with it there anyway just looked.

kenargo
08/06/2008, 10:44 PM
Something to keep in mind; the AC3 only supports 1 telnet connection so if there is a connection active any other connection will fail; I thought I'd mention that.

The telnet commands are listed in the back of the manual if you are interested.

Does thie mean things are working?

rbc1225
08/06/2008, 10:49 PM
heheeh well that might have been the problem. If I had a telnet session open while I was trying to connect that would explain it. Geeze I can be such a dode sometimes. :) Yes things seem to be working now. I will have to play with it a little to figure the rest out but yes it is connecting. Thanks for your help.