PDA

View Full Version : Creoland Isopod

chrisgil10
08/09/2008, 08:24 AM
so I saw this on a site that said it was harmful it would attach to your fish and feed off them. I have seen 2 in my tank on my rock.

I dont have any fish yet (well I do have one tiger gobie (at least I think that is what it is)) but I do want some when the tank is ready.
does any one know how to get rid of them

also I have quite a few crabs Most look to be gorilla crabs but are super small like small enough to get sucked up in my turkey baster (if only the were not so fast...lol) but honestly they only pick at the rock and do not seem to look like a worry yet. do you think it is ok to keep them? we really love and respect all the life I have found in our tank. I also saw like 2 flat worms one we sucke out but it was white with no color (which I understand are just algea eaters) so I put it back I do not wish to kill anything as it is not its fault i brought it here and it should be allowed to live.

even if I get the Creoland Isopod out I would want to put it in the ocean or something no kill.

so the bottom line is how to remove the Creoland Isopod and what to do about crabs leave alone or remove.

figuerres
08/09/2008, 09:17 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13120027#post13120027 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chrisgil10
so I saw this on a site that said it was harmful it would attach to your fish and feed off them. I have seen 2 in my tank on my rock.

I dont have any fish yet (well I do have one tiger gobie (at least I think that is what it is)) but I do want some when the tank is ready.
does any one know how to get rid of them

also I have quite a few crabs Most look to be gorilla crabs but are super small like small enough to get sucked up in my turkey baster (if only the were not so fast...lol) but honestly they only pick at the rock and do not seem to look like a worry yet. do you think it is ok to keep them? we really love and respect all the life I have found in our tank. I also saw like 2 flat worms one we sucke out but it was white with no color (which I understand are just algea eaters) so I put it back I do not wish to kill anything as it is not its fault i brought it here and it should be allowed to live.

even if I get the Creoland Isopod out I would want to put it in the ocean or something no kill.

so the bottom line is how to remove the Creoland Isopod and what to do about crabs leave alone or remove.

that Isopod will show up in live rock from time to time.
you can trap them, search here or on google, check the tbs web site for info on how to make a trap.

they are nasty buggers, take your time and do not add any fish till you have given plenty of time to make sure you have got out any of them. also a good time to get the gorilla crabs out.

take it slow, trap the bad guys.

Ah, link for you:
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/bp/index.php
read the article and you can build that trap.

scowiii
08/22/2008, 06:16 PM
Just starve the tank. I didnt feed my tank for a bit as I moved my fish to my other tank and after a couple weeks I havent seen an Isopod