PDA

View Full Version : Biocube skimmer problems...

cdesrochers
08/10/2008, 06:10 PM
Just bought my first protein skimmer and I think I'm having a problem... it's the BioCube skimmer and I'm putting it in a BioCube 29. I've set it up as per the instructions, but when I turn on the air pump no visible bubbles come out of the stone. I checked that the air is definitely getting to the stone, but not through it. I turn up the valve to let more air to the stone but it looks like I get an occasional air bubble escaping out from where the hose connects to the stone and that's it.
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!

melanotaenia
08/10/2008, 06:46 PM
check there are no kinks in the airline tubing, other than that, I have not a clue as to why you would not be getting bubbles to the stone unless your air pump is faulty

cdesrochers
08/10/2008, 07:14 PM
The air is definitely getting there, but the stone itself is acting like a plug. Does it need to be "conditioned" or soak for a set time before first use?

skyenigma
08/11/2008, 07:09 PM
I had the same problem. I found that the rubber piece in the back flow chamber wasn't open. I open the clear plastic chamber and pinched the rubber piece. It just wasn't open. Now the skimmer is working fine.

llebcire
08/12/2008, 06:04 AM
Might also verify that the anti-drain check valve in the airline isn't in backwards :D