PDA

View Full Version : Free Peacock Mantis to a Good Home

mantisman
01/23/2003, 01:04 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a large peacock mantis (6") that I would like to give away. Since you guys are more educated on the care of our little buddies, I thought that I would try this board to find a qualified owner.

He has outgrown his 10 gal tank (see picture below) and I do not have enough room in my bedroom for a larger tank. On his last molt, he lost one of his clubber arms, and I was concerned that it might be his living conditions. Despite having just one arm, he is as aggressive as ever and will provide you with years of enjoyment.

I do not want to ship him because I do not want to risk harming him in any way. I live in Houston TX if you would like to drop by to pick him up.

Thanks,
Duy

gas4544
01/23/2003, 01:11 PM
Duy,
That's a nice looking 10-gallon nano set-up you have. Did you add the refugium section to your tank? What other modifications did you make to your tank?

Gary

mantisman
01/23/2003, 02:40 PM
Thanks Gary,

I added the refugium section to my 10 gal. as an alternative to using a hanger-on protein skimmer. It is right by my bed, so I wanted a design that is as quiet as possible. It uses a maxijet to pump water into the refugium side, and the water then flows over a cutout in the divider.

It has worked beautifully for me and has kept the nitrates in check. Like all nano's, you still have to do 20% water changes once a month, but there is very little maintenance otherwise.

No noise, no overflow problems, no ugly attachments :)

Regards,
Duy

Jace18
01/23/2003, 11:08 PM
wow nice setup would love to take him. If ya really need to find him a new home i have a friend in Houston next time she come home i could ask her to bring it up here.

Well good luck
Jeremy

ReefSOE
01/26/2003, 09:24 PM
I will take that mantis if you want to get rid of it, will you ship?

let me know

Phenetix9@hotmail.com

texasreefer
01/27/2003, 01:42 PM
If you are still looking to get rid of your Mantis I'll take it.

mantisman
01/28/2003, 11:24 AM
Thank you for your interest, but I have found him a home.

Regards,
Duy

sanitz2
01/28/2003, 01:35 PM
Im not sure if you still have the mantis but if you do I live in Austin and will be coming down to houston on Sat. and I could pick him up?