PDA

View Full Version : Fish List

naprestsleep
08/11/2008, 11:33 AM
I have had some unfortunate luck trying to stock my 92 Gallon(corner, bow front) tank so far. I lost two clowns to Brooklynella, after having them close to a month, I lost a Diamond Goby after 8 hours when he jumped through egg crate and landed on top of it. I almost saved him but think he was out of the water a little too long.

Anywho.... I have given my stocking list some thought and have updated it. Want to get everyone feeling on the type, quantity and order I plan to get the fish. The tank is FOWLR with some polyps, I may add some corals after I stock fish(and don't kill them)

Fish list:

1) 3+ Blue/Green Chromis ( want a little school of them)
2) Algae Blenny
3) 2 Royal Grammas (still a maybe)
4) 3 Banggai Cardinals (want to end up with a pair, dont care if they breed.)
5) 2 False Percs Clowns
6) 1 longnose hawkfish (still a maybe)
7) Yellow Tang

??) Diamond goby(I need to jump proof the tank before I consider another one, so its on hold)
??) Foxface (I want one but I am concerned with their poisonous fins)
any other suggestions?

ChrisKirkland
08/11/2008, 12:03 PM
Yellow tang and the foxface will out grow that tank quickly. If you looking for schooling cardinals the Banggai are not a good choice. The spotted or long spine cardinals are better schoolers. I you want your orange diamond to stay in the tank use gutter mesh it's holes are smaller. The royal Grammas are a somewhat delicate fish. The list looks okay but the tang and foxface worry me about size in the future

Stuart60611
08/11/2008, 01:49 PM
No chance on stocking two grammas. It can be done, but I have only heard of doing so in very large systems.