PDA

View Full Version : New Octo HOB skimmers on the way.

crashrat
08/11/2008, 11:58 AM
Just got word back from David that the new BH-1000 and BH-2000 should be at the resellers in 10-14 days. Check it out.

http://www.coralvue.com/Hang-On-The-BackSkimmers.html

Totally extenal pump, no syphone to deal with so auto start is not an issue, can't wait.....

skimmy
08/11/2008, 12:37 PM
well, it does look better than the ones in use now, but as luke 33 mentioned on RF, if that venturi breaks off like we know they like to, all that water is going on your floor.
and it's the same lameo octo pumps. im praying that they at least have the new venturi and larger output. and then the cost, how much more are they going to be? because i'd really much rather have the new warner maring hobs or cnc hob w/sicce if theres only going to be like $50 difference...
if i had a dollar for ever one of the octo pumps i've seen that leaked on the calcium reactors they sell....well, i'd have about $5, but still...
i guess if they are cheap though, and they perform well, then it would at least be better than a remora/bakpak/prism.
and at least they modded the outlet (just like i did) so that it output is closer to the surface. and it would be easy, as we know, to mesh mod the pump, so there is hope for it, but with all the other new hob's it going to be a tough market. i think some beta testing results would be good to see too, and info like water and air lph of the pumps in this new configuration.

crashrat
08/11/2008, 04:11 PM
I currently have a Bak Pak, it does a good job, but I am looking to step up one notch. Things I don't like about Bak Pak is the pump is in the tank, and it's very small compared to the Octo pumps. I don't know anything better than the Bak Pak other than Amora and Octo, if there are some other good HOB skimmers out there please fill me in.