PDA

View Full Version : bristle worm size?

JTCdudeman
08/11/2008, 04:57 PM
Ive been searching all over for the last few days after finding a bristle worm in my tank. He came out when a rock fell while cleaning and I was so alarmed I pulled him out. Upon searching, he appears to be a bristle worm and I havent been able to find any others in the tank at night in the last 3 days.

My question as the thread title refers to is how big do these get and if they are large is there a danger? I measured him out when I put it on a table and it measures over 11 inches long when stretched out. When irritated he is still over 3 inches long and I am timid to put something this size back in my tank. He is the largest inhabitant of the tank with exception of maybe one of the spaghetti worms I have. Is he still safe, or too big for my 46 gallon tank? Im ready to put him back in or get rid of him after 3 days of looking at him.

Sk8r
08/11/2008, 09:10 PM
I've had 10, maybe 12 inchers, no problem, great tank citizens. No snail can go clean where they do.

If he has centipedelike single legs or tentacles on his head, that's not a bristleworm, and that's a problem.

rssjsb
08/13/2008, 09:11 AM
Ditto.