PDA

View Full Version : mp40w best mode?

easye123
08/12/2008, 12:57 PM
Well i finally got my mp40w today from marine depot. Vortechs are totally new to me. I was just curious to see what is everybodys favorite mode. (ive seen threads in the past but cant find them.lol)
I have mine in short pulse mode dialed ful speed with pulses dialed about half way. Ive only been messin around with it for a while, but can seem to find the sweet spot to get that wave ive always seen...
The tank is a 90g.

easye123
08/12/2008, 10:08 PM
Well i have kinda figured it all out. Finally found the sweet spot to make a good one inch wave
I noticed that some of the black paint on the wetside has been sscratched off orr somethin and some shiny metal looking stuff is showing? very tiny little speck that looks like the paint was scratched off with a metallic look.

Thats not gonna rust and be a problem is it?

EcoTech Marine
08/13/2008, 07:28 AM
The wet side has no metal parts. Are you referring to the dry side? If so you are probably seen the aluminum below the black powder coat. It won't rust, but if it it bothers you, you can color over it with a sharpie or black nail polish.

-Tim

easye123
08/13/2008, 10:38 AM
Thanx....ya i was just makin sure.. doesnt bother me looks wise..just saw shiny stuff .. rather be safe than sorry ..lol

Also i had another newbie question...lol

on the wetside..that plastic cap that covers the actuall magnet..is that cover suppose to stay on. Its on, but when the wetside was out of the tank before i put it in...i noticed that cap comes off easily..didnt know if its suppose to stay on to cove the magnet or what...

EcoTech Marine
08/13/2008, 01:23 PM
easye123-

That cap must stay on when the pump is in use.

-Tim

Bud's Reef
08/13/2008, 02:32 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13146654#post13146654 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by easye123
Thanx....ya i was just makin sure.. doesnt bother me looks wise..just saw shiny stuff .. rather be safe than sorry ..lol

Also i had another newbie question...lol

on the wetside..that plastic cap that covers the actuall magnet..is that cover suppose to stay on. Its on, but when the wetside was out of the tank before i put it in...i noticed that cap comes off easily..didnt know if its suppose to stay on to cove the magnet or what...

How easy does it come off? The old style wouldn't hardly stay on but the new style stays on much better. Check the pictures and make sure you have the updated parts.