PDA

View Full Version : Had an accident and never recovered.

Drix
08/13/2008, 08:41 PM
About two months ago I turned around to find a fried heater and a tank of about 90 degrees. I pulled the plug on my heater and just let things settle back and have run heaterless since then maintaining an average tempreture of 76 degrees. I didn't loose anything, well, nothing major anyway, I do seem to be short some hermits but they come and go anyway.

Anyhow, since then I've had a mushroom/zoa problem. I have a frag with palys/zoa's on it. The Paly's are fine and happy but the zoas, which used to be open 100% of the time (even at night with the lights off) are now always closed. They show no signs of decomposition, no white spots, investigation shows no nudi's, the only thing I see are pods scurrying around them which I find a little bit odd but not out of the ordinary.

On a different rock I have mushrooms which no longer inflate and deflate, but stay perpetually in sleep mode as well. Tank tests have proven to be within normal limits for Nitrates, Nitrites, Phosphates, PH, SG, copper, ammonia, and calcium. I don't have specific numbers at hand because I need new kits. I'll try to get them for tomorrow.

I guess my question is, what do you think the problem is? I thaught the pods were odd but they do not run around on the mushroom rock which to me means its cicrumstance. I've wondered if maybe they're light fired but they're where they've always been and never moved, would they be sensitive to a color shift in my lights? I think my 10k MH is on the old side (6months) but my dual acintics are maybe 4 months.

If anyone's got some ideas of whats up please let me know

HappySkittles
08/13/2008, 09:09 PM
i would say its too cold
OR
everything got it pretty bad when it went up to 90