PDA

View Full Version : few ? for every one

jon56048
08/13/2008, 11:58 PM
I am looking @ buy frogspawn octopus coral with 15 to 18 head what a good price for these and what kind of light do they need

I am also looking @ getting sun coral so any info on the sun coral would be helpful to

Underwaterparadise
08/14/2008, 03:31 PM
If you like it buy it, who cares what's it's worth.

FS will live and thrive under most any Reef tank lighting. I put them up high under PC's and Mid way under T5 or MH.

Sun coral requires no light but each polyp must be fed at least 2 times a week but more is better. You have to target feed them with Mysis (I don't use Brine)

Tennyson
08/15/2008, 07:21 AM
Underwaterparadise just summed it up for you basically.

But I would like to add to what he said about sun corals. If you're looking to get one-get a small piece because it's generally easier to keep it fed, rather than feeding a huge colony of 100+ Polyps.
If you don't feed them for a long period of time, they will slowly melt away, and will not open when you try to feed them. I left for a week to Aruba, and wasn't able to feed it. it took me 2 weeks to get it back on track. Some flesh has died away, but its getting there again.

With the frogspawn, I bought a four headed one that was green with purple tips for $95.
It kind of depends on the color, but not really. The greener ones are more money, and I think brownish ones are generally lower in price by a little.
I see huge colonies (15+ heads) of Ultra Green Tipped frogspawns, that are about $215, or less