PDA

View Full Version : Mantis needs to go!!!

colee
08/14/2008, 09:57 AM
I have a 72 bowfront reef/fish tank. It has been up and running for 2 years. I know I have a mantis shrimp due to the loud clicking when the lights go out and it has eaten every snail I have ever put in the tank. The funny part is I have NEVER seen it once, and it doesn't eat my skunk cleaner, blood shrimp or peppermint shrimp. It seems to only eat snails. I have heard negative things about trying to trap them, that everything else gets in the trap but the mantis, I have looked at night with a red flashlight etc... I want it out but I don't even know where it is hiding.HELP!!

Giga
08/14/2008, 10:02 AM
could be a pistol shrimp too becuase they eat snails. U might have to take the tank down becuase they super hard to catch. But if you find it take some pictures as some one here will take it. Like me if it's a rare mantis

TrappedMetal
08/14/2008, 11:06 AM
If its a mantis they are usually diurnal, however a pistol shrimp wouldnt eat snails but it would click at night. how often are the clicks in succession?
I would just feed it snails, chances are if it is a mantis its a small species and certainly will not take fish over crabs and snails.